Visual Awareness Training
MK Design offers a programme of Visual Awareness training to companies and other professional organisations who wish to become more accessible to visually impaired people.
The programme is for:
- Anyone who may come into contact with blind or visually impaired people as customers and service users.
- Those who have visually impaired colleagues at work.
- People who have a responsibility for or an interest in Equal Opportunities and the Disability Discrimination Act.
Before the course:
If a blind person asks for help:
- How do I guide them?
- What words can I use?
- How much information will they need?
- How do I get information in Braille?
To help participants feel confident about meeting visually impaired people and working with them effectively.
At the end of the course, participants will know:
- How to guide visually impaired people.
- How to offer help and assistance to a visually impaired person.
- Where to go for further help and information about visually impaired people.
- How to produce information in accessible formats.
- How to meet the requirements of the DDA.
- How to begin making their organisation accessible to visually impaired people.
Visual Awareness Training Courses are held in the workplace. The courses are flexible and can be tailored to meet individual needs.
After the Course:
“Now I know what to do and what to say, I’m confident I can help"